Tuesday, November 18, 2008

SHRIMP BUTTER

1/2 pound small raw shrimp

1 cup water

1/2 teaspoon onion powder

1/2 teaspoon garlic

1 package--8 ounce cream cheese---softened

4 tablespoons butter---softened

2 tablespoons mayonnaise

2 tablespoons cocktail sauce

1 tablespoon lemon juice

Put the shrimp with shells (on) and the cup of water and onion powder, and garlic into a pan and bring to a boil. Boil about one minute. Take the shrimp out and shell them , putting shells back into the water. Boil to reduce the liquid to just over a tablespoon full.

Let the shelled shrimp cool, and chop them into small pieces, fold into the batter mixture along with 1 tablespoon of the reduced liquid off the shrimp shells.

BATTER MIXTURE:

Blend cream cheese, butter, mayonnaise, cocktail sauce and lemon juice in a large bowl and mix until smooth. Mix well.

Refrigerate over night and serve with crackers. very good. Grandma

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Connie
This sounds so good. I added you to my blog link on my cooking blog. Come check out what's cookin in my kitchen ;0)

TO BECOME said...

Dear Lisa, thank you, I sure will. Thank you, connie

Desiree said...

Growing up I never liked shrimp, but when you grow up on the prairies, you only know the little canned ones. Fresh shrimp is a whole different ball game. Yes, I have been to that part of Texas, I really liked it there. There is something so therapeutic about being by the ocean. I am feeling relaxed by your music, I am going to look up Michael Nymen.

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN said...

Dear Des.,Oh, yes, fresh shrimp can not be beat. I have never preferred shrimp myself. All of my family like it. I prefer oysters or catfish.

Yes, we love living here also, well maybe not during hurricane season but it is our home and has been for over 40 years. I am glad you are relaxed by the music. Thank you for stopping by and have a very good day. connie