Saturday, August 23, 2008

QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS LASAGNA

GRANDMA'S KITCHEN, TASTERS WELCOME


QUICK, EASY, DELICIOUS LASAGNA

11/2 lbs. ground beef
1 pound hot breakfast sausage
2 cloves minced garlic

cook until browned then drain off 1/2 the fat


Add 2- 14.5 oz cans of whole tomatoes, chopped up , I just take my hand and squeeze them. Works every time.
2- 6 oz cans tomato paste
2 Tablespoons dried parsley flakes
2 Tablespoons dried basil
1 Teaspoon salt

Mix very well and simmer 45 minutes uncovered. Stir occasionally

I use the precooked lasagna noodles but if you are using the ones that have to be cooked:

Boil 10 oz package of lasagna noodles
1/2 teaspoon salt to water
1 Tablespoon olive oil to water

After cooking , drain, and rinse in cool water; lay noodles out flat on foil paper.

Mix:

3 cups cottage cheese
2 beaten eggs
2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
1 Teaspoon salt
Mix all the above then add 1/2 cup Kraft Parmesan cheese. Mix all well and set aside.

Begin the assemble process: You will also need 3 Packages of mozzarella cheese slices AND 1 jar of Kraft Parmesan cheese.

I spray my lasagna pan that I am putting my lasagna together in.
Lay 4 noodles in pan overlapping as you go. I use as many as it takes to cover the bottom of my pan.
Spread 1/2 cottage cheese mixture even onto the noodles
1/2 mozzarella cheese slices on next or you can grade up your own cheese.
Spread a little over half the meat onto the cheese--spread evenly
REPEAT PROCESS
Top generously with Kraft Parmesan cheese, this is the last thing to go on the lasagna.
Bake at 350% for 20-30 minutes.


I hope you enjoyed this as much as my family does. I have never liked lasagna before finding this recipe. I love smelling it cook and I love eating it. Grandma

No comments: